National Pool Lifeguarding Qualification
Date: Monday 17th July – Saturday 22nd July 2017
To become a Lifeguard at any Leisure Centre an NPLQ is essential.
To attend the course you must be at least 16 years of age and be able to meet the following basic fitness criteria:
- Jump / dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back and then tread water for 30 seconds in deep water
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out unaided without ladder/steps.
What does the course cover?
The Principles of Lifesaving and Swimming Pool Supervision:
- The principles of pool lifeguarding
- Water rescue skills, including timed swim rescues, conscious and unconscious casualties
- CPR skills on adult, child and infant
- First Aid, where you will demonstrate knowledge of selected first aid conditions and advising on poolside treatment.
The cost of the course covers the weeks tuition, course textbook and the exam. If you wish to retake any part of the exam or course there will be an additional charge.