Our April gym challenge was a resounding success, so we thought we’d put you to the test once again in May – but this month, it’s time for the treadmill to shine!
A mile is the optimal distance for a treadmill run/walk, and this provides more physiological benefits than any other cardio machine, including:
- Helping to build strong bones, as it is a weight-bearing exercise
- Strengthening muscles
- Improving cardiovascular fitness
- Burning plenty of calories
- Helping to maintain a healthy weight
- Maintaining and improving a functional lifestyle
To be in with a chance of winning this month’s challenge, you need to complete a mile on the treadmill each day. It doesn’t matter whether you walk or run – just log each session with our team and you’ll be entered into a free prize draw to win an item of Fitco clothing from our range at Reception.
We’ll also be marking down your time, and there will be prizes for the most improved walker or runner as well, so give it a try and see how fast you can go!