- What's On
- Visit Us
Our swimming lesson rules and guidelines have now been updated, following changes to our lesson plan from 6 September.
Please watch our short video for further information on how to attend swimming lessons:
1. All lessons must be booked and paid for in advance.
2. Swimmers must come to their lessons beach ready, with costumes worn under clothes.
3. Where possible, take a shower before coming to the centre, but showers will be available from Monday 19 July.
4. Please arrive at lessons no earlier than five minutes prior to the lesson beginning.
5. From Monday 19 July, a limited spectator area will be available on poolside. Chairs will be laid out for you to use. Please remove all possessions from cubicles during lessons – our lockers will be back in use. Please note that no shoes should be worn on poolside.
6. Siblings of children having lessons are NOT allowed to wait in the changing rooms or spectator area due to the physical capacities in that area.
7. We kindly ask parents to drop off and pick up older children that are capable of changing and attending lessons themselves.
8. When dropping off children, please do not arrive earlier than five minutes prior to the lesson beginning. When collecting children after the lesson, please ensure that you are ready to pick them up at the time the lesson finishes. Please wait for your child outside the centre.
9. When ready for lessons, children will walk to poolside following the directional arrows to meet their teacher.
10. From 6 September, changeover times are being reduced, so arriving beach ready is even more important to ease congestion in the changing rooms
11. We are operating to a maximum of 12 children per lesson (from 6 September), so at busy times, there may be a small delay in finding a cubicle to change.
12. At the end of the lesson, the children will follow the directional arrows around poolside back to the changing area.
13. Showering after the lessons is permitted, but we ask that time in the shower is kept to an absolute minimum.
14. We are operating a one-way system: from reception to changing rooms, changing rooms to poolside, poolside to changing rooms, exiting from the spectator area next to the changing rooms – please see video clip and diagram for details.
15. Children will be required to bring and wear their own swimming hats and goggles.
a. Please practice putting them on so that your child can do this by themselves.
b. See clip on the website.
c. During this time we advise all swimmers to wear swimming hats.
16. Swimming aids will be dipped in the pool between lessons to keep them clean.
17. As we are limiting face-to-face contact, all parent/teacher consultations will be conducted via Zoom or telephone – if you would like to speak to a teacher, contact us by:
a. Telephone – 01453 760910 or 01453 546441
b. Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
c. State the name of your child and level. The teacher will contact you ahead of the next lesson.
And finally, a message from our teachers, who are so excited to welcome everyone back!