- What's On
- Visit Us
So many months have passed since the gym was last open and we’ve really missed you! We want to make sure you enjoy your gym workouts with us in a COVID-free environment, so we have put together a list of rules to help.
Please watch our video before attending, and follow the below rules and guidance.
1. All gym sessions must be booked and paid for prior to arriving at the centre.
You can book in the following ways:
a. Using our online system, which you can access by clicking here, or via our new app once it is released (this is currently in development and coming soon – we'll let you know when it's ready!) – you will require a registered pin number and email to make a booking. If you do not have a pin number, then you can create one by following the steps below.
Click here to access our sign-up page.
Complete the data required basic details fields marked with a *, then click NEXT.
Click on ‘Pay as you Go’ and then NEXT.
Complete the personal details fields marked with a *, and tick your contact preferences, then click NEXT.
You are now registered on our database and can book online/sign up for a membership.
b. Contact the Pulse direct on 01453 760910 or 01453 546441 where bookings and payments can be made via debit or credit cards.
c. If you are a regular user, you can set up a membership pay up front or by direct debit.
d. If you have forgotten your pin number, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Gym sessions can be booked for a maximum of 1 hour per day – the fitness team will be happy to write a programme for you to ensure you make the most out of your visit.
3. The hourly sessions will be reviewed weekly and changes made as and when this is possible.
4. Do not be offended if you are asked to leave if you have gone over your time allocation – we need to ensure that there are full slots for all users.
5. The gym will now open ready to use:
a. Monday – Friday, 6am – 10pm
b. Saturday, 8am – 8pm
c. Sunday, 7am-8pm
6. We have had to reconfigure the gym to ensure social distancing – the Fitness Team will be enforcing this rule and there will be signs in place as a reminder.
7. The gym will operate a one-way system – please follow the directional arrows and give way where necessary.
8. You are able to move around the gym to the equipment of your choice as many times as you like as long as you follow the directional signage.
9. In order to allow a larger capacity in this area, we have had to take the spin room out of action. This will now be used as a cardio suite for the rowing machines, stepper and a small number of bikes.
10. Spin classes will now be taking place in the large studio – see our new timetable for further information.
11. The maximum number of participants has been reduced which will enable you to access the machines and still maintain social distancing.
12. All equipment must be wiped down by the user after use.
13. We will not be allowing towels in the gym – please use the blue paper roll as required.
14. Anti-bac spray, gel and wipes will be available throughout the gym.
15. We ask that you arrive for your gym session workout ready as the lockers will be out of use.
16. You can bring your keys, phone and purse/wallet onto the gym floor with you, but you must keep them with you at all times (next to your work out machine). Although, we would advise leaving your purse/wallet at home.
17. The gym office is for pre-booked consultations only and you will only be permitted in this area if you have a booked session and are wearing the appropriate PPE. This will be provided by the instructor prior to you entering the consultation space.
18. The water fountains will be out of use so please bring a filled water bottle with you – alternatively, water can be purchased from the drinks machine.
19. Forgotten what to do and how to use the machines? No problem – book a refresher induction.
20. All new users will require an induction which can be undertaken by either watching our video or performed in person with an instructor – the choice is yours.
21. Initially, the showers will be out of use, so all showering must be done at home – we have opened earlier and are closing later for those who are working.
22. The toilets will remain open.
23. The exit from the gym will be via the fire exit next to the water fountain.
24. You will not be permitted back to reception after your workout.