- What's On
- Visit Us
Welcome back to The Pulse! During this pandemic, the leisure industry has been hit hard and in order to stay open, we need to make sure everyone is following the guidance.
We're posting some general rules below, but we also advise you to read the specific rules and guidance for each area of The Pulse. You can do this by clicking on the links below.
If you feel unable to follow the rules, then please stay away until you feel able to or the restrictions are lifted.
We are unable to make exceptions to these rules so please do not ask.
In order to keep The Pulse team and your fellow centre users safe, we have provided some updates to our previous guidance. Please note that these rules are subject to change, following guidance from the government. All of the information on how we operate comes direct from central government with clarification and exemptions explained by DCMS, UK Active and Swim England.
1. All participants and team members must wear face masks/coverings in public areas including queuing outside – unless exempt. Face masks and covering can be removed once you reach your workout area.
2. We discourage customers travelling from a tier 3 area to the centre although you will not be denied entry unless the government guidance changes – this is currently under review within the next 14 days.
3. Queuing to enter should be kept to a minimum as we will not let you in earlier than 5 minutes before your activity booking.
4. We advise that you stay in your car for as long as possible in order to avoid unnecessary queuing – it is also very cold outside!
5. Mingling with other customers in the centre is not permitted and you will be asked to move on.
6. You must always stay 2 metres apart.
7. Coming into the studio, you must go directly to the farthest box when entering to reduce crossing over each other.
8. When leaving the studio, the customers nearest the door will leave first – please be patient with each other.
9. Points 7 and 8 must be followed for group classes to remain open. You must also adhere to our general class guidance.
10. In the gym, continue to follow the rules and strictly no gym towels – use the paper wipes provided as we cannot afford cross contamination.
11. Pool changing needs to be quick and slick – come beach ready and wear easy fitting clothes so that you can change quickly.
12. If you take too long changing, you will be asked to leave.
13. Pool users must maintain 2 metres between each other during exercise classes.
14. All other rules and guidelines previously given must be followed.
15. All sessions, classes and activities, including public swimming, must be booked and paid for prior to arriving at the centre. All sessions are now open to both members and non-members.
You can book in the following ways:
a. Using our online system, which can be accessed here, or via our new app – you will require a registered pin number and email to make a booking. If you do not have a pin number, then you can create one by following the steps below.
Click here to access our sign-up page.
Complete the data required basic details fields marked with a *, then click NEXT.
Click on ‘Pay as you Go’ and then NEXT.
Complete the personal details fields marked with a *, and tick your contact preferences, then click NEXT.
You are now registered on our database and can book online/sign up for a membership.
b. Contact the Pulse direct on 01453 760910 where bookings and payments can be made via debit or credit cards.
c. If you are a regular user, you can set up a membership pay up front or by direct debit.
d. If you have forgotten your pin number, please email email@example.com
16. No bookings can be taken at the reception desk – you must book online, over the phone, or through the app.
17. All enquiries are to be made through the following avenues:
a. The website – each page has a contact form you can complete which comes direct to the centre email. All queries will be responded to within five working days.
b. Direct to firstname.lastname@example.org – your email will be passed to the relevant team member, so please mark in the subject box which area it concerns e.g. swimming lessons.
c. By telephone – give us a call and a team member will be happy to deal with your call, we are a friendly bunch and cannot wait to hear from you.
18. On arrival you must check in at reception by using your membership ID card.
19. Failure to bring the ID card will take longer for you to check in, prolong your contact time at the front desk and also inconvenience other visitors.
21. On arrival you will see queuing signs, directional arrows, hand sanitisers and screens which are all in place to keep you safe – please follow the guidance for your area of activity and feel free to use the hand sanitiser when you arrive and leave the site if you wish to do so.
22. Videos have been designed to help familiarise you with the new rules prior to your arrival. We advise you to watch and familiarise yourself with these rules prior to coming to the centre.
23. Please arrive for your activity ready to take part as changing is limited – see guidance for the Gym, Classes, the Pool and Swimming Lessons for more details.
24. We are increasing our cleaning regime and bringing in additional team members to ensure all touch points are cleaned thoroughly after each activity throughout the day.
We ask for your patience as our members, the general public and our team get used to these new ways of operating. We are committed to making sure your visit is as safe and enjoyable as possible and we look forward to welcoming everyone back to The Pulse.