- What's On
- Visit Us
A big welcome back to The Pulse after the closure in March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
So that we can open the centre and keep you, your family and our team safe, we have developed a new set of operational rules which must be adhered to at all times.
The full centre will reopen from Monday 27 July.
We're posting some general rules below, but we also advise you to read the specific rules and guidance for each area of The Pulse. You can do this by clicking on the links below.
1. All sessions, classes and activities, including public swimming, must be booked and paid for prior to arriving at the centre. Members currently receive priority booking for studio classes, while the gym, public swimming and water fitness classes are open for booking by non-members.
You can book in the following ways:
a. Using our online system, which can be accessed here, or via our new app once it is released (this is currently in development and coming soon – we'll let you know when it's ready!) – you will require a registered pin number and email to make a booking. If you do not have a pin number, then you can create one by following the steps below.
Click here to access our sign-up page.
Complete the data required basic details fields marked with a *, then click NEXT.
Click on ‘Pay as you Go’ and then NEXT.
Complete the personal details fields marked with a *, and tick your contact preferences, then click NEXT.
You are now registered on our database and can book online/sign up for a membership.
b. Contact the Pulse direct on 01453 760910 where bookings and payments can be made via debit or credit cards.
c. If you are a regular user, you can set up a membership pay up front or by direct debit.
d. If you have forgotten your pin number, please email email@example.com
2. No bookings can be taken at the reception desk in the initial opening weeks of the centre.
3. All enquiries are to be made through the following avenues:
a. The website – each page has a contact form you can complete which comes direct to the centre email. All queries will be responded to within five working days.
b. Direct to firstname.lastname@example.org – your email will be passed to the relevant team member, so please mark in the subject box which area it concerns e.g. swimming lessons.
c. By telephone – give us a call and a team member will be happy to deal with your call, we are a friendly bunch and cannot wait to hear from you.
4. On arrival you must check in at reception by using your membership ID card.
5. Failure to bring the ID card will take longer for you to check in, prolong your contact time at the front desk and also inconvenience other visitors.
7. On arrival you will see queuing signs, directional arrows, hand sanitisers and screens which are all in place to keep you safe – please follow the guidance for your area of activity and feel free to use the hand sanitiser when you arrive and leave the site if you wish to do so.
8. You are not required to wear masks or gloves to attend our activities, however if you wish to do so you can.
9. Videos have been designed to help familiarise you with the new rules prior to your arrival. We advise you to watch and familiarise yourself with these rules prior to coming to the centre. These videos will be available from 20th July for you to view. Don’t forget to view the outtakes, enjoy!
10. Please arrive for your activity ready to take part as changing is limited – see guidance for the Gym, Classes, the Pool and Swimming Lessons for more details.
11. We are increasing our cleaning regime and bringing in additional team members to ensure all touch points are cleaned thoroughly after each activity throughout the day.
We ask for your patience as our members, the general public and our team get used to these new ways of operating. We are committed to making sure your visit is as safe and enjoyable as possible and we look forward to welcoming everyone back to The Pulse.